When it comes to citrus plants, plants are adaptable when growing. Citrus plants can be grown in either garden soil or pots, they have different varieties that can be planted in several ways.
Citrus fruit are known for their refreshing taste and because of that, they are known as heavy feeders; this means that they require a lot of fertilizers to thrive well.
In this article, we’re going to discuss what nutrients citrus needs, what fertilizers contain those nutrients, and eight(8) best fertilizers citrus plants need.
Citrus plants are known to be nutrients demanding and this is because throughout their blooming and fruiting says they require a lot of nutrients to produce succulents and tasteful fruits.
citrus fruits are not fed properly with the necessary nutrients required they will end up producing low fruit count and fruits that have no flavour or juice in them.
Criteria For Citrus Fruit Fertilizers
One of the qualities that the best citrus fruit fertilizers should have is that they should be rich in nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus.
They should have an NPK ratio of 13- 7- 13.
Potassium is used to Farm fat protein carbohydrates and chlorophyll in plants. Phosphorus is also used in the formation of flowers and fruits in citrus plants.
We are now going to look at the 8 best fertilizers that fit this category of nutrients that citrus fruits require.
8 Best Fertilizers For Citrus Trees (Reviews)
1. Miracle-Gro Shake ‘N Feed Continuous Release Nitrogen Fertilizer
With a whopping 9.8 out of 10 Review, Miracle-Gro shakes fertilizers is one of the best citrus fruits fertilizers on the market.
They have a high volume of 13-7-13 fertilizer which is slow-release and helps to prevent burning and overfeeding. These fertilisers are rich in iron, magnesium, and sulphur and can serve for 3 months when applied to the citrus plant.
Citrus fruits such as lemon-lime orange tangerine pomegranates etc require these fertilizers to grow abundantly.
The miracle-shake fertilizers contain the necessary nutrients that are needed by citrus fruits which is why they are number one in top-ranked citrus fertilizer.
Overall, citrus fertilizers like the miracle-go shake fertilizers provide the soil with the necessary nutrients and the nutrient value they deserve.
2. Jobe’s Organics Fruit & Citrus Fertilizer with Biozome
The jobe’s organic fruit fertilizer is considered a fast feeder because when they are poured into the soil the citrus plants feed on them quickly and produce fruits and flowers quickly.
This is considered to be the best organic fruit fertilizer for citrus plants, both those that are planted in pots and those that are planted in garden soil.
- It contains an NPK analysis of 3-5-5 and also has the jobe’s biozome that enhance the soil.
- This type of fertilizer is completely organic; it has no synthetic additives added to it.
- Following the Miracle-Gro Shake, it has a rating of 9.7 out of 10.
3. Earth Pods Premium Fruit & Citrus Plant Food
This fertilizer on the list is rich in organic nutrients entailing fulvic acid, trace minerals, plant growth hormones, and humic acid.
as a slow releasing fertilizer you did not need to put in any efforts to measure the fertilizers needed or you just need to do is to place the mayor’s port line and lemon.
Each pod will break down and slowly-release nutrients to your citrus trees, making them grow steadily, blossom and fruit at the right time.
The earth pods premium had an an0.2-0.2-0.4 NPK fertilizer analysis. This should not be a cause for concern as it contains another 70 other trace elements needed by the plants.
4. Dr Earth 708P Organic 9 Fruit Tree Fertilizer
This fertilizer is one that many people have relied on and they are especially great when producing fruits with flavoured taste.
is a reliable 5-5-2 NPK source that does produce consistently good results.
It’s a 100 percent organic plant food that promotes steady growth and is used for both indoor and outdoor plants. It’s has a rating of 9.6 as one of the best organic fertilizers.
5. Espoma CT4 4-Pound Citrus-tone 5-2-6 Plant Food
This is the fertiliser that is used to grow indoor plants, they are natural fertilizers that Enhance flavours in citrus fruits. They are very good fertiliser, no wonder they are rates 9.7 s
- Apart from the necessary fertilizers needed they also contain some trace elements that are difficult to find and help very good nutrients, especially for people who are just recovering from an illness.
- This fertilizer contains magnesium which is essentially important especially if you’re trying to grow lemon fruits.
6. J R Peters 52524 Jacks Classic 20-10-20 Citrus Feed
This type of 20-10-20 fertilizer NPK ratio Contains important micronutrients and is Specifically developed for citrus fruits. I
Items of rating, these plant is rated high with 9.5 out of 10
Jack’s Classic is a highly effective fertilizer for tropical fruits because it provides a high quantity of nitrogen and potassium that’s required in thriving healthy citrus fruits including orange, lemon, Meyer lemons, limes, and grapefruits.
This type of fertiliser enriches the vegetation (more greens), bigger fruits, increased fruit yield, and stronger branches, especially in dwarf plants.
7. Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes
- The miracle gro with a 15-5-10 NPK fertilizer ratio feeds the root zone quickly with nutrients. It has a review of 8.0 out of 10 which is also a good choice
- When coarse fertilizers go out of favour, spikes come in as the clever alternate. This Miracle-gro Fruit and Citrus Plant Food Spikes are great for feeding plants promptly around the root zone.
- The 15-5-10 NPK ratio is sufficient for feeding citrus plants with sufficient nitrogen as well as potassium. This fertiliser can be used for newly potted citrus trees as well as already grown ones.
- The fertilizer is 100% organic, made with biological components to enable generate healthy and comfortable fruits for healthy lives.
8. Down To Earth Organic Citrus Fertilizer Mix 6-3-3
- This is a 6-3-3 NPK fertilizer ratio which is OMRI certified 100% organic and has a 9.0-star rating out of 10.
- This fertiliser also contains micronutrients sufficient for citrus fruit production.
- Promotes leafy vegetation, great blossoms, and a lot of fruit.
- it supplies sufficient nitrogen in your orange and lemon gardens.
- Apart from the NPK nutrients it has , this Organic Citrus Fertilizer also comprises significant nutrients such zinc, sulphur, iron, calcium, and micronutrients that are required for the generation of healthy, delicious citrus fruits.
- This fertiliser can be used for both large citrus trees that are planted outdoors as well as short potted citrus species that you plant indoors.
What Is The Best Fertilizer For Orange Trees?
Orange trees are a tasty and gorgeous extension to your garden, particularly in warmer climates.
Depending on where you live, they’re acceptable for either indoor or outdoor growth orange plants, and in both conditions, they can produce fruits if properly cared for.
Sine, they are heavy feeders, they require a lot of fertilizers to thrive and produce sweet fruits. A list of beat five orange fertilisers are listed below
- Eco Scraps For Organic Gardening Citrus & Avocado Plant Food
- Jack’s Classic No.1.5 20-10-20 Citrus Food Fertilizer
- Jobe’s Fruit & Citrus Fertilizer Spikes
- Dr Earth Organic 9 Fruit Tree Fertilizer
- Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes
How Do You Fertilize Citrus Trees Organically?
- Add mulch over the soil around the citrus tree to add additional nutrients to the soil.
- Integrate grass trimmings from your lawn into the soil to add nitrogen. Remove any mulch away from the base of the tree and sprinkle the clippings on the soil.
- Water the soil after adding any form of fertilizer. This makes sure that the soil is not burnt from laying dry on the soil.
How Do You Increase Citrus Yield?
Citrus fruits can be increased when nitrogen and Potassium which are the most critical nutrients needed for strong citrus tree growth and the crop is given daily. much as 2kg of nitrogen per day is needed during fruit enlargement and during maturation similar, amounts of potassium should be available.
Which fertilizer is best for the lemon plant?
Fertilizer for a lemon tree should be high in nitrogen and phosphorous. The Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes fertiliser is identified as one of the best fertilizers for citrus trees. This fertilizer should be applied once a month to achieve sweet fruitful lemons.
In conclusion, we have looked at the 8 best fertilizers that are required by citrus plants. We hope you find the one that suits your plant, if you have any questions or suggestions, please use the comment section below.