Picking a gardening hat that’s both well-designed, comfortable and can also protect you from the harmful sun rays can be very challenging.
But with the right guidance on the best hats that suit these features, you can find it less stressful.
In this article, we will outline all the best gardening hats that you can go for regardless of your gender.
Gardening Hats For Men And Women
We have compiled some of the best gardening hats for men and women that you can purchase at a mall close to you or order online.
These hats can also be used on the beach, in the park as well in any other place that might cause you to be exposed to the sun for a long period of time.
Most of these hats have a built-in UPF but regardless, do well to wear good sunscreen on your face.
Let’s look at the best gardening hats for men.
1. Henschel Crushable Soft Mesh Aussie Breezer Hat
The Henschel Crushable Soft Mesh Aussie Breezer Hat is a hat made with different combinations of fabrics, colors, and 75% of cotton and 25% of nylon.
It is one of the best gardening hats that every man should have.
Its mesh design helps to support air circulation.
1. The material used in making the hat is of high quality.
2. It’s highly fashionable and comes in different colors.
3. It’s crushable, packable, and has a 1-inch sweatband that holds the hat.
4. It’s very convenient for travel.
5. It’s a multipurpose hat, that is, it can also be used for all outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping.
6. The brim is very stiff which makes it not to block your view while wearing it.
1. The available sizes for this hat run a little too small for some users.
2. The sweatband can be a little uncomfortable for those with sensitive skin.
More On Gardening:
- Gardening For Children | Kids Gardening Tools
- 11 Best Gardening Gifts For Mom (For Mother’s Day And Beyond)
- What Is Scrap Gardening And How To Get Started?
2. Sun Cube Wide Brim Sun Hat with Neck Flap
This is also one of the best gardening hats for men gardeners.
It is a hat that will give you the most UV protection from your head to your neck.
It has a wide brim and neck flap that protects you against harmful UVA and UVB rays when doing your outdoor gardening.
Also, the hat is designed as a Unisex hat that can be worn by any gender.
So if you are interested in purchasing it, itbis available in different colors that can suits whatever outfit of your choice.
1. The hat is made of lightweight, quick-drying polyester fabric which makes it an ideal hat to help in keeping you fresh while spending time in your garden.
2. It has very comfortable and breathable mesh side panels and a moisture-wicking elastic sweatband.
3. Its adjustable chin strap keeps the hat secure during windy days while its back cord lock is used to tighten the hat.
4. It is foldable and can pack down to a compact size that allows you to stow it in a bag or side pocket
1. Majority of users have in recent times complained that its brim is too wide and too big to wear.
2. It isn’t durable.
3. Orolay Unisex Outdoor Hats
This is a hat that is made of a very lightweight material that can help to keep you cool while doing a great job in protecting your head and neck from the sun rays.
It’s windproof and has a breathable mesh and quick-drying breathable sunscreen.
Unlike other gardening hats, it has an ultra-light.
So it is worth every penny that you will spend on it.
1. It’s a multi-purpose hat that can serve you outdoors and not just during gardening.
2. It has a neck flap as well as a breathable cover to protect your neck from the sun.
3. It has rear adjusting buckles behind the hat that makes the hat perfect to wear and fit your head size.
4. It is also made with 100% nylon fabrics which is effective in resisting ultraviolet rays.
5. The cotton sweatbands help to keep the head dry, and resists fading even when used frequently.
1. The circumference of the hat is a bit small.
2. It’s also too tight and doesn’t fit comfortably on the head.
4. Columbia Unisex Bora Bora II Booney Hat
The Columbia Unisex Bora Bora II Booney Hat is a hat made with a wicking fabric that has a sweat-wicking capabilities as well as a UPF 50 sun protection technology that will help to shield you from harmful UVA and UVB rays while doing your gardening activities.
1. The hat is made of a 100% textured nylon poplin that has an adjustable closure.
2. It has the capability of keeping you cozy, comfortable and protected while doing your gardening activities.
3. It is also very stretchy and can be floppy.
4. It offers sufficient protection from the sun and provides excellent ventilation.
5. The large mesh panels found in its crown helps to make it quite breathable.
1. The hat is not particularly stylish which makes it to be considered downsided.
2. It’s brim is soft with no reinforcement which makes it fall daily.
3. It has only one size which measures about 24.5 inches in circumference.
4. Majority of individuals have complained that it is too small for an average male head.
5. Sloggers Classic Cotton Hat with Wind Lanyard
This is a classic and well-constructed hat that is suitable for men gardeners.
It provides UPF 50+ maximum sun protection with an adjustable size.
It has a high-quality interior band that has a better fit for a comfortable gardening experience.
It’s also easy to clean.
1. It is crafted with 100% cotton.
2. It is very durable and perfect to wear under the sun.
3. It has large brim that helps to protect you from the harshness if the sun rays while the chin cord can be adjusted to keep your hat secured.
4. The brim holds its shape better than more flimsy made hats of this style.
1. The hat is too tight .
2. It is not the ideal type of hat if you want a wider brim for maximum sun protection on the face and neck.
Let’s take a look at the best women hats that is worth your money
6. Terrain Woven Palm Sun Hat
This is an asymmetrical shaped hat that provides a stylish twist while still being functional.
It is also a hand woven hat with sustainable palm fibers.
The black bow sets this hat apart from the other types of hat.
Most importantly, it has a UPF 50 which makes it the best pick for a gardening hat.
1. It is water-resistant
2. It is stylish and functional
3. It is a multi-purpose hat that can be used in any place such as the beach or even out to dinner.
7. Lattice Palm Hat
This is another gardening hat that best suits women.
It is made in terrain and has an asymmetrical palm which makes it practically stylish.
Each of the hats is hand-woven with sustainable palm fibers.
1. It is water-resistant.
2. It has a UPF 50+ Sun protection.
3. It is lightweight and breathable.
8. Sunday Afternoons Vivian Sun Hat
This floppy sun hat is both practical and attractive.
It’s made of 100% wool which makes it feel warmer than any other sun hats that you can find.
It is perfect to wear at the start of the garden season or even at the end when the temperature is cooling down.
1. The hat is very versatile and can be worn for sun protection in the winter.
2. It has a UPF 50+ Sun protection.
3. It has an adjustable band for a custom fit.
4. The interior sweatband pulls moisture away.
5. It is great for cooler weather.
9. The North Face Horizon Hat
If you are in search of a ball cap-style garden hat, then you should go for this.
This cap is made of nylon which makes it lightweight.
It also offers a sun protection which makes it difficult to be found in a ball cap.
1. It is a lightweight nylon cap
2. It has a UPF 50+ Sun protection
3. It has an adjustable clip closure
10. Terrain Cotton Crusher Hat
This hat is handmade cotton gardening hat by the terrain. It comes in four different colors.
It is lightweight, packable and stylish.
1. It is packable
2. It has a UPF 50+ Sun Protection
3. It is lightweight
We hope that you have gotten the idea on the best gardening hats that you can buy irrespective of your gender.
If you haven’t, do well to read it thoroughly and let us know in the comment section which one is your favorite and if you have already purchased any of them, let us know how you feel about it.