Table of Contents
Homeowners and commercial users alike who love to mow their lawns themselves would surely be looking for affordable and effective lawn mowers to buy.
There are many different types of lawn mowers on the market, so it can be hard to determine which one is the best for you.
However, if you’re looking for the best lawn mowers under $300 in 2022, we suggest checking out our top 8 picks as will be shown in this article.
8 Best lawn mowers under $300
1. Greenworks GV-Max Cordless
Greenworks GV-Max is the best lawn mower in 2022 according to experts. The GV-Max is easy to operate, lightweight, and powerful.
It has a variable speed and an automatic blade forwarding system. The GV-Max also has a digital readout that allows users to control the height of the blades, as well as the direction of travel.
- Not powered by gasoline.
- 17-inch cut with high precision.
- Excellent grip.
- Mowing quietly.
- Compact and long-lasting.
- Excellent value for money.
- After three years, the grip begins to deteriorate.
- The mulcher bag is not very strong.
2. Greenworks 20-inch 3-in-1
If you’re looking for a top lawn mower in 2022, look no further than Greenworks.
This company has been making high-quality lawn machines for years, and their 20-inch 3-in-1 is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Its most notable feature is its 20-inch steel blade, which allows for more cutting and quicker mowing time. Its cutting deck is particularly highly regarded for its corrosion resistance.
It also has three functions in a single lawnmower. The first step is to trim the grass with the back bag. The second feature is its ability to mulch, and the third is its side discharge. It is also quite quiet, making it ideal for small to medium-sized yards.
It is lightweight and has seven cutting heights that are adjustable with a single lever. Its 7-inch front wheels and 10-inch rear wheels allow it to move quickly even on uneven and pebbled ground.
- Cutting deck measures 20 inches.
- Not powered by gasoline.
- 3-in-1 cutting capability.
- An extension cord must be purchased separately.
- During mowing, a plug is required
Read Also: 7 Best Electric String Trimmers Of 2022
3. Great States 304-14 Push Reel
This model operates on a push reel system and is propelled solely by people. It is always on the move because it is not powered by gas, electricity, or a battery.
It boasts 14-inch blades, adaptable wheels for any surface, and a height adjustment lever with a single pull. It also has a cushioned T-style grip. Its coating is also rust-resistant, so you can count on it to last.
It cuts at a perfect 14-inch length and anticipates that the blades will remain sharp. It also has 10in alloy wheels and a zinc-finish body. This one gets 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Portable and simple to maintain.
- Manually operated.
- Simple to use.
- Physical effort is required.
- You’ll have to assemble it by hand.
- It has Precision cutting issues
- It is difficult to push in uneven ground.
4. Lawn Boy 21-inch Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
This is one of the top gas-powered lawn mowers available for around $300. It includes a unique rear-wheel drive feature that may be used to quickly steer the mower across steep or rough terrain.
It is powered by a Kohler OHV engine and is CARB certified for individuals living in California.
It is heavier than other gas-powered lawn mowers, but even at 66 pounds, it is easy to handle and maneuver
As a result, it is one of the best self handled gas lawn mowers on the market.
It also comes with a 2-year warranty, so never throw away that warranty certificate.
- It has a 3-in-1 clipping function.
- It comes with a 21-inches precision blade.
- It is Powered by Kohler XT6 OHV engine.
- It possesses Large side-bag capacity.
- CARB certified.
- 3-in-1 discharge capacity.
- Operated by gasoline.
- Side discharge is purchased separately.
- It’s not as strong as it appears.
- It may take two pulls to get started.
- Manual assembly is required.
5. WORX Power Share 40V
There’s many gas and electric lawn mowers, however if you want a rechargeable lawn mower that is as efficient (if not more so) than the others, this is the best-rated lawnmower on that criterion.
It can mow a medium to big yard in 30 minutes of cut time on a single charge. A single charge provides 4.5 hours of battery life.
Aside from that, it is lightweight and has a small footprint. It also has an adjustable height of up to 3.3 inches through a single-pull lever.
Because it is battery powered, you may purchase an additional battery pack and change it whenever and anywhere you choose.
- The battery is rechargeable and detachable.
- Height is adjustable.
- For greater precision, it employs intellicut technology.
- Compatible with other WORX tools.
- There is a dual charger.
- Small in comparison to others.
- Pretty expensive
- Battery life is relatively short.
- Smaller rear wheels may be ineffective in dense grass.
6. Black Decker Electric Lawn Mower
This is yet another excellent electric lawn mower to consider. It is specially formulated for maneuverability and comfort when mowing.
It has five height adjustments as well as big, durable rear and front wheels for better balance and control.
Although it is electric, you will need to purchase a power cord to reach larger lawn spaces.
It would be worth a try to purchase an extension cord that is powerful enough to mow a large yard. It is not suitable for rugged terrain and does not include a side bag.
- It has to be connected to electricity to function.
- Large lawn areas can be mowed.
- Height levels are customizable.
- It’s not expensive.
- An extension cord is required.
- There is no side bag included.
- The engine cannot handle tough terrain.
- You’ll Face problems with clogging.
7. Sun Joe Cordless Lawn Mower
This rechargeable lawn mower is a prominent figure on the list of best mowers.
It is upgraded with brushless technology, allowing it to run silently and without vibrating during the mowing process. It has a discharge shoot on the side, a bag, and six adjustable height positions.
It is a good mower, however it does not have the ability to mulch. And because it does not follow the standard mower design, there have been spilling difficulties. But, all things considered, this mower is inexpensive, easy to store, and requires little maintenance.
8. Husqvarna L221A
This is a well-known all-wheel drive mower. Its key selling point is its ability to mow huge yards and challenging terrains.
It has a cutting width of 21 inches, which saves time and work because you can mow precisely with just one pass. Because the deck is made of stainless steel, you can count on its durability.
Its turn radius is also well-liked. This feature is complemented by its excellent wheel traction. When mowing large lawns, it comes with a large back bag that saves you time changing the bags.
It does not, however, come with a side bag, which may be a disadvantage if you are careful.
- The engine is really powerful.
- The turn radius is outstanding.
- Can work effectively even in rocky and rough areas.
- Height is adjustable.
- Precision cutting to 21 inches.
- Strong construction.
- Only a back bag is included.
- Large structure with a lot of storage.
- Mulch clinging to the bag is a problem.
- There is no padded grip.
From all that has been discussed, finding a perfect lawn mower that is affordable (under 300$) and effective shouldn’t be a big deal to homeowners because these lawn mowers mentioned here are the best there are.
Along with each lawn mower is their power capacity as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
I’m certain this article on the best lawn mowers under 300$ was helpful to you, and will help you be of a great advantage when choosing which lawn mower to purchase for your home.